Kinetic Research & Design Collaborative Projects
KRD's broad range
of projects makes us ideal for startup or early-phase project development
work. Detailed awareness of many different technologies,
processes, and people allows us to move ahead quickly and nimbly while still
maintaining the necessary control over the project for regulatory and
business reasons. Please review some of the recent projects listed
below and contact us for more information on how we can help
your business now.
(Note: Let cursor hover
over links for more detail. After clicking, the image will open in
a new window.)
- Helped design and develop a diagnostic and therapeutic platform as well as helped incubate the startup company.
- Designed new implants and instrumentation that do not infringe on existing patents for a particular spinal orthopaedic device.
- Designed surgical instrumentation for access and placement of several spinal orthopaedic devices.
- Developing a platform for obtaining diagnostic information using minimally invasive techniques.
- Designed and tested a new tissue analog for simulating breast cancer surgery.
- Drafted the risk analysis for several spinal prostheses and instrumentation systems,
including detailed FMECA.
- Recently completed the CIP (US and International) application for a diagnostic/therapeutic device.
- Designed and built custom spine test machines
- Designed and prototyping a new canine plating system.
- Drafted customer, functional, and safety requirements for several other spinal prostheses.
- Developed comprehensive biomechanical test plans for various orthopaedic devices, presented plans to the FDA.
- Simplified surgical planning via a new mathematical method for visualizing the
coupling of two adjacent vertebrae.
- Developed a
consistent force applicator and calibration system to standardize nerve-crush models (contact
for ordering information).
- Surveyed anthropometric data and analyzed biomechanical consequences in response to
a new FDA standard covering hospital equipment.
- Designed a
variable fixturing system for an operating room.
- Designed a
multi-cut instrument for cancellous bone.
- Analyzed accident data and determined probable causes of injuries for medical and consumer products.
- Researched and recommended various materials for encapsulating an electronic implant.
- Set up, ran, and managed usability testing for instruments and devices (bench, animal, and human).
- Designed and built many different instrumentation systems (e.g.,
- Tracked costs and implemented successful project management techniques.
- Managed various engineering programs.